Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is such a wonderful holiday for me because it is a holiday celebrating love. Yeah I know, the top of the list for the American Valentine's day is romantic love but it really is about much more. When reading the book, "Celebrating the Christian Year" a few years back I discovered that the holiday came about by remembering the death of a Christian Saint named Valentine who was martyred for his faith in Jesus Christ. So the original celebration was about a super natural love that would enable someone to give up their physical life for their love of our Lord. Truly amazing! For me Valentine's Day makes me remember my mom. She loved Valentine's Day too. She would always give my father 2 cards, one that was very romantic and mushy and one that was funny. She had a very loving relationship with my father and was always so thankful that God had brought him into her life and that he brought so much happiness to her. She loved being a wife and a mom. As I grew into my 20's and was still single she was always so sweet to give me a card and a little gift. One time she gave me a lapel pin with a little cupid holding a heart. It was so cute and I had it for many years. She knew I was lonely on Valentine's Day for that special someone and would always remember me with a sweet touch and it meant so very much. So, I always felt that Valentine's was a day to tell people that you loved them. For me Valentine's means the love of the Lord, the love of a friend, the love of my family, the love of my husband and finally the love of a child. For it was the holiday that God gave us the little spark of Mary's life. She is our little Valentine's Day gift! Here is a slide show with pictures of her with a play dough heart that she made. I hope you enjoy it and that you know how much our Heavenly Father loves you!

4 comments:

Linda C said...

awww... I love all the sweet pictures of Mary with her "I Love You" heart!! So sweet!
I bet you hear lots of "I love you, Mommy" from Mary!:) Thanks for sharing all the wonderful albums of Mary - she is so fun to watch!

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend!!

Hugs,
Linda

Tirz said...

Very sweet. Mary is just beautiful.

Becky K. said...

Very precious! I love how creative you can be with this program!

Blessings!

Becky K.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Very cute. Hope the three of you have a wonderful Valentine's Day♥