I had a dream a while back. I was laying down on our futon in the living room taking my mid-morning nap because I was 8 months pregnant to the day. It was September 28 and my little girl was born October 28. The morning sun was coming in our window and casting warm shadows on our wall as I drifted off into slumber with the most pleasant feeling. I looked up and I saw my mother. We were in our living room in the house that I grew up in. She was sitting on our couch with a beautiful baby girl on her lap dressed only in a diaper and her hair was wet. She had just had a bath and my mom was combing her hair. It was light brown and curly. I smiled and said, “We know where she got those curls! From her daddy!” I knew the baby girl was mine. She reached out to me and Mom passed her over to me. She threw her little arms around my neck and hugged me so tight. I was sitting on the floor underneath the large Norfolk pine that my mother had in a pot by the window. The sun was shinning down through the branches and I was thinking... She’s my little girl and I was over flowing with joy! I woke up. The sun was still shining, but my mom was gone and I was in our living room. The Lord had given me that dream to comfort my heart. I was sad because my mom had passed away 18 years earlier and I missed her so much at this time in my life. I knew from the sonogram that our baby was a girl and we were going to call her Mary Ellen, but I didn’t know her hair color or texture. She does have light brown hair with gold and red highlights and it is curly like her daddy’s. The Lord was telling me that my mom was so happy for me and some how she knew about Mary. It is so special because Mary smiles just like my mom. She favors my husband’s side of the house a lot, but she has that same sweet beautiful smile that my mom has. Today marks the 22nd year that mom passed away and I still miss her very much. She laid a wonderful foundation for me in my early years and gave me wisdom and knowledge that I still carry with me today. My mothering skills and being a wife, came from my mom and the Lord. She taught me many wonderful things. I wished I had her now, when questions about raising Mary come up, but I just pray and ask the Lord to help me with inspiration from the Holy Spirit. He has given Rich and I this blessed job, to raise her in the knowledge of the Lord that she may grow up in His love. Thank you Mama for being such a good example to me.

11 comments:
Mary and your mother do share that sweet smile. Of course your mother knows about Mary. She is looking down from heaven on your lovely family. I'm sure that she is very happy with the way that you and Rich are raising Mary.
God is so very wonderful like that.
Soon after my Dad died, Mom had a dream where she and Daddy were walking somewhere together. Prior to his death walking was terribly painful for my Dad because of complications of his diabetes.
In this dream Mom said Dad was walking easily and looked great!
She treasures that dream and the "last little bit of time" spent with him.
Becky K.
Thank you for sharing this...Even though it brought tears to my eyes...It still brought me some comfort too...(I just lost my Mother this past February 4th)
wow!!! that smile is identical!!!
thank you for sharing this precious memory ♥
God knows just how to care for us doesn't he?! Such a sweet dream and His way of wrapping his arms around you,knowing you miss your mom so.
You and Rich are doing such a great job raising little Mary. She does look like your mom, too!:)
What a joy to see your dear mom's smile in Mary!
I'm praying for you dear friend.
Hugs,
Linda
What a beautiful dream.
Thinking of you today...
What a beautiful dream.
Thinking of you today...
What a beautiful dream.
Thinking of you today...
A beautiful touching story!
Enda
Such a special tribute to your mom Elena and thank you for sharing it. I know she is very proud of you. It is my hope that my children will be able to say such nice things about me when I am gone. Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Oh Elena, You sure can see your Mom in Mary's smile! How delightful, and just the loving, wonderful type of thing we can expect from our heavenly Dad!! How wondrous is His care and perfect love for us!! He somehow fills the void left by my Mom with loving memories and anticipation of seeing her when I enter His presence!! JOY of JOYS!!
I am so glad you have been so blessed to have a special Mom, loving hubby and beautiful daughter!! It all couldn't have happened to a lovelier person!!
Love you,
Becky
Post a Comment