Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Spelling Bee



My little girl is growing up so fast! She has been watching several PBS shows on TV that teach the kids to read phonetically. She was in her car seat the other day and a Toyota truck was in front of us at the stop light. She read each one of the letters on the tail gate, T O Y O T A and wanted to know what it said. So, she is reading letters and I know she will be reading words soon. She now knows that water is spelled W A T E R and that is doesn't spell drought! Have a blessed day dear friends!

Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=b3123277e02709aeb3de9b&skin_id=1603&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url


9 comments:

Tirzah said...

That's excellent! Well done little Mary!

Kathi said...

Good for Mary. She is learning to spell and doing a fine job at it. Bravo!! She's so pretty. Kathi

Linda C said...

wow! Mary is amazing!!:) I love it when they start learning their letters and sounds- look out world!!

Have a wonderful weekend, Elena!

Hugs and more hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Cute video! Mary spelled water very easy and with no mistakes. I agree she will be recognizing more words one day soon.

BECKY said...

How exciting, Elena! I remember when I thought I'd never be able to teach Maddy how to read! It wasn't difficult at all! They're like little sponges!

Love to you!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Mary!

Sue said...

Elena, this was so cute, I had to watch it again. lol Mary is really getting to be a big girl and she gets prettier every time I see her. Please tell her I said she did a beautiful job,and to keep up the hard work.
Hugs, and many blessings,
Sue

Heidi Pocketbook said...

How cool! She is just a little sponge, soaking that info in and will be putting two and two together very soon--both literally and figuratively!

♥Heidi

Becky K. said...

Oh, that is so much fun!

Becky K.