Monday, October 11, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

On Sunday we took Rich's folks out to Olive Garden. We were celebrating their birthdays. Dad will be 86 and Mom will be 82. They will be gone on their actual birthdays on a trip to Oklahoma, so we celebrated early. We snapped a few pics while we were waiting for our table.



Grandma is stealing some sugar from Mary:)



We had the yummiest peach mango tea.

Salad and bread sticks

Eggplant Parmigiana


Dad enjoying his birthday dinner!


At church before we took Rich's folks out, I helped out in the 4 year old Sunday School class. I love 4 years old. Such an adorable age. They prayed over their little snack. We had each little kid pray. One prayed that her sister would behave herself, one thanked the Lord for the food and then thanked the Lord for this church that we love so much, and the last little guy asked God for a toy fire truck, a hot wheels car and a toy police car. I think he got God mixed up with Santa Clause! Ha! So cute! This class and Mary's class have been working on memorizing a Bible verse each month. I have included a video of Mary saying hers.




Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c3d4c95d6262cb91cbb8c6&skin_id=1006&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

3 comments:

Linda C said...

What a happy little girl sitting between all that love around her!!:) Love the one where grandma is stealing a kiss.:)

Great job on her verse, too!! You do a great job with videos, Elena!

Hey! Guess what? I actually posted a daybook today- can you believe it??:)

Have a great Monday, sweet friend!!
Love, Linda

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to both of them Elena, Olive garden Is one of our fav. restaurants . I must say you all have nicer seats at yours than ours. lol.

Love all the family photos. I am so glad that you are going to make an album for Mary to enjoy. The picture of grandma stealing a kiss is priceless.

I enjoyed you sharing the prayers of the children, so precious, and Mary's video, too.How wonderful to teach the children to hide the Word of God in their hearts and minds at such an early age.

Do i ever tell you how much I enjoy visiting your home? lol. All the time,... I always leave here so encouraged about families.
Blessings, and hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Olive Garden in a while. The closest one is more than an hour's drive away. I love the food there; time to go back I'd say! I noticed the comfy seating, while waiting for a table. I don't believe I've ever seen an Olive Garden with such nice seating!