
My Dear Mary Girl,
What a joy you are to Daddy and I! You are getting to be such a big girl now but you will always be our baby girl. Your favorite phrases at this age are "Whatcha doin' ?" and "What happened?" and "I'll help you!" You really are such a little helper. You love to help set the table and make the beds and sweep. You want to wash the dishes and mop the kitchen floor but you are just not big enough to do that yet. Your favorite activities are painting, dancing and riding your bike. You love to dream of the future and will say many times, "Maybe someday I will...." You love animals, you have told me your favorite is dogs and horses. You love petting the neighbors kitty and watching our angel fish too. You love to pick flowers and run bare foot in the grass. In fact you just love to go bare foot. I couldn't keep shoes on you until you were 14 months old. You love people and the social graces of please and thank you come easily for you. You love to give kisses and tell us that you love us, with out being asked or prompted. You have such a tender heart and feel so deeply about things. You love for me to play the piano and your little fingers want to play songs so badly. You love tickling the ivories and making up your own little melodies. The most wonderful thing is you love to go to church and if I ask you if you love Jesus, you always say, "Yes!" without hesitation. The picture above is my most favorite one of you right now. It just captures so much of who you are at this age! I look forward to the many more birthdays that we will be celebrating with you and see you grow into the lovely woman that God has intended you to be!
Love,
Momma
5 comments:
What a lovely letter you wrote to Mary. It is a letter that she will treasure when older.
This is such a sweet message to your precious Mary. And I love that picture!
Enjoy this sweet time with sweet Mary. She is such a sweet little girl, and so blessed to have you for her mommy!!
God bless!
Hugs,
Linda
Elena, First things first, I want to wish Mary a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! and if I could I would sing it, so please sing it for me.
My heart is overflowing with joy reading this tribute to the beautiful daughter, that Mary is and continues to become. You and Rich inspire me every time I visit, it is such a joy and pleasure to see how you both are instilling Christian values in Mary, things that will go with her through out her life.
And one day she will be able to read this with the book journal that you are doing, how awesome is that.
Much love today to you and your family.
Sue
This is definitely a keeper of a letter. Mary will love reading and rereading this as she grows up.
You have captured such special things about your beautiful daughter.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Becky K.
What a beautiful tribute, Elena! Mary is beautiful, inside & out! Happy 4th birthday to your little girl!
Post a Comment