Last week I finally got to sit down and make Mary her princess dress. I had bought the materials to make it a while back but with all the yard work I didn't have time. Now that things have slowed way down in the yard, I had the time. She had seen a princess dress in a costume catalog that I was looking at and wanted one but they were $35. I was pretty sure I could make one much cheaper. So I decided to sew her one. We went to a second hand store and I found an adult size bride's maid dress in good condition for $10 and then I bought remnant fabric and some ribbon for around $4. I used the skirt from the bride's maid dress and I sewed a bodice to attach the skirt too. Then I sewed the ribbon at the waist. Mary was thrilled with it. She had so much fun watching me make it. I have made a slide show of the process and her dancing in it. I hope it captures the magic she felt dancing and imagining being a princess.
Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c377bc118bdfb5d5c0791d&skin_id=1603&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
7 comments:
What a special dress for such a special little princess! You did so well making it, and the memories she'll have of playing princess in that dress with live on forever!
I thought her twirls and princess wave were wonderful, too!
Hugs from Heidi
You are so talented! That dress is absolutely beautiful! Your little girl is adorable dancing and twirling in her dress. She looks like a princess!
A princess dress for a beautiful Princess, Elena, you are so gifted with your hands. How blessed I was to see Princess Mary in her new dress, I loved the princess wave she gave. I bet you had a hard time getting her to take it off, and I don't blame her if she did. I would have slept in mine. lol
What a memory for her, helping you make it!
As always so blessed!
Hugs,
Sue
How nice that you are so talented to make a princess dress for your own little princess!
I always thought that Mary was a princess. Now I know for a fact that she is! You did so well making that dress. I bet it is prettier than the one you saw in the costume book! Mary looked so regal in her crown :-)
How Beautiful, both Mary and the dress...She surely does look like a princess in it...You did a fabulous with it. It brought back memories for me, for when I sewed dresses for my daughter, and dresses for my granddaughter. I have to see if I have any pictures of those dresses and post them on my blog. I used to same thing when my daughter was little, I didn't have money for fabric, so I would tear apart some of my dresses, and make something for my daughter out of it...
Good job Elena! The dress is beautiful! And how special she has such a beautiful dress made by her mama!
Post a Comment