I had fun making some Christmas ornaments a few weeks ago. They are called Moravian Stars. They are from the Pennsylvanian German community. My sister had made me a couple of them a few years ago and we enjoy putting them on our tree. I decided this year that I would try my hand at making them. I had a book with instructions and so I dove in. It took a few tries and some setting it aside to regroup to finally be successful in making one. Once I got the hang of it, it was fun. Then I found this wonderful website with instructions and a video. If you are interested in making them you can go here. I made one gold one to hang above our nativity set and then I made a bunch of red velvet ones with gold dots. In the pictures they look pink but they were dark red. I gave them as favors at our women's Christmas brunch last week. I just love homemade ornaments. Mary had so much fun watching me make them and hopefully when she gets a little older I can teach her how to make them!Monday, December 13, 2010
Moravian Stars
I had fun making some Christmas ornaments a few weeks ago. They are called Moravian Stars. They are from the Pennsylvanian German community. My sister had made me a couple of them a few years ago and we enjoy putting them on our tree. I decided this year that I would try my hand at making them. I had a book with instructions and so I dove in. It took a few tries and some setting it aside to regroup to finally be successful in making one. Once I got the hang of it, it was fun. Then I found this wonderful website with instructions and a video. If you are interested in making them you can go here. I made one gold one to hang above our nativity set and then I made a bunch of red velvet ones with gold dots. In the pictures they look pink but they were dark red. I gave them as favors at our women's Christmas brunch last week. I just love homemade ornaments. Mary had so much fun watching me make them and hopefully when she gets a little older I can teach her how to make them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Hi Elena!
Those look really pretty. My youngest just loves to do origami, and I think this is similar enough that she could catch on quickly and if I'm really lucky, I just might have the supplies on hand.
Hugs from Heidi
Those look so pretty. I think they would also make a fabulous wreath. I am with you, I love homemade ornaments. I have a tree in our sunroom that is full of homemade ornaments from my childhood.
Hope you have a fabulous day!
The stars are very pretty, Elena!
Post a Comment