Monday, March 28, 2011

Flowers and Butterflies

Mary and I were at the grocery store last week and I was heading for the milk and produce department when I quickly sped past a flip flop display on the way in.  I stopped turned around and said Oh, why not?  So I picked out a pair for me and for Mary.  She said her little butterflies wanted to get the nectar from my pink flowers.  We had fun when we got home, wearing our flip flops and dreaming of warmer weather.



Here are some real inside flowers.  My African Violet started blooming on my birthday and now it is in full bloom!  I just love the sparkle on the petals.

5 comments:

Sue said...

That flip flop photo needs to be framed, Eleana, absolutely priceless.
Love the African Violet, I must replace mine, I used to have lots of them inside, but lost them. Beautiful color.
Enjoy your day, and we wait for spring.
Hugs,
Sue

JD/ Jill said...

How cute! great post...tfs...

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Very great pic of the flip flops--hope you wear them out happily! Beautiful violet as well. Dh's grandmother had many beautiful violets--I think all she had to do was breathe on them and they flourished.

Hope you have a fine Wednesday!

Miller Racing Family said...

I just love the flip flops. The photo was so cute. I loved what Mary said, she is such a smart little girl. Your flowers are beautiful.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

What pretty blossoms on your African Violet! I used to have several African Violet plants with different colored blossoms. I haven't grown them in years.