Yesterday was the first day of Spring and Mary and I have been sick with a cold this past week. Rich and I decided that we would stay home this weekend and go no where to help us get over our cough. The temptation is when we are feeling better but not completely over our cold, is to get busy and do things and then it takes so much longer to get completely well. So, even though it was hard for Mary to miss her ballet class and we missed church and spending the afternoon with Rich's folks, it paid off. We are feeling much better this morning. With Spring just up over the horizon I thought I would post some pictures of a beautiful front yard of a little house very near Mary's dance studio. It has Snowdrops, Crocus and Daffodils growing up in the grass. It is so pretty. The people don't mow their lawn until all the spring bulbs are over with. Mary really likes looking at all the flowers in the grass. This house was there and had bulbs in the lawn when I was a young girl. It was fun sharing a memory with Mary.
It just wouldn't be spring for me if I didn't include a shot of my Golden Freesia that blooms every year for my birthday. It is so fragrant. It smells a lot like Jasmine that blooms in the summer. I have my Freesia plant in the green house and then I bring it in when it starts blooming. I just love it!
Happy Spring!



6 comments:
Happy Spring to you as well! Our yard here has nothing blooming yet, but hopefully soon! I'm so glad you shared some pictures, and also that you are feeling better.
I also appreciate that you are the kind to stay in and get well rather than spreading the germs--even though we aren't close in proximity, more people should do that in general.
Hope you have a good day!
ps I guess we are even. I've never been up the west coast, and you've never been on Rt. 66!
So pretty! And I love this photo of Mary! Spring is just such a great season! Nothing like new blooms after a strong winter! It was even stronger than normal here!!
Love and hugs to you, sweetie!!
Becky
I think it's so wise to rest & retreat while you're trying to get over a cold! So happy to hear you are better today! Happy Spring!
Smiles,
Carol
Mary looks so longing at those beautiful flowers Elena, and what a wonderful memory to share with her. I am glad that you both are feeling better, and it was a great idea to rest, so continue to rest and enjoy the beginning of spring.
Hugs,
Sue
I saw my first crocus patch today. I'm looking forward to seeing more Springtime flowers and blossoms. It has been a long Winter! I'm happy to hear that both you and Mary are feeling better.
Spring is my favorite time of the year, and I can't wait to see our crocus and spring flowers popping up out of the ground. Hope you and Mary are feeling better. No fun being sick. Thanks for sharing your great pictures.
Post a Comment