My third anniversary of blogging has snuck up on me very quickly! I have so enjoyed blogging that time has gone by quickly. As the old saying goes, "Time flies when you are having fun!" That's been how is has been with me. I am so happy to have met such lovely ladies in my life and follow the events of their lives as they follow mine. It also has been such a wonderful journal to keep track of all the special events in my life. Here are some pictures we took the other day before my sister went home up North. She was able to come down for a few days to visit with our dad. My dad is 81 and doing great. He is little stiffer and slower now but I hope I am doing as well as he is at his age. I have also enclosed my first post. Blessings to all of my readers. You are a gift from the Lord!
An Angel Unaware -It was a cold grey winter’s day and I was working as a florist in a small shop a little bit out of the way. I was in the back room making some arrangements for the display cooler when I heard the bell ring on the front door. I went out to see who it was and there at the counter was a small lady in her late 70’s. She had white hair that made soft curls around her face and she wore a tailored, blue, wool coat that was fastened with two large plastic buttons. She told me that she wanted to wire some flowers to her daughter in Florida as it was her birthday. I showed her some pictures of arrangements in the FTD book. She picked one with brightly colored flowers and party horns in it. We went back to the counter and I made out her order. She began to tell me how she had 4 children. Two of them she had in her twenties and two after she was forty. She said she loved all her kids very much but she said, “Oh, how I enjoyed the children I had after I was forty.” With the sweetest look on her face, she reached over and patted my hand and said, “Dear, don’t feel bad if you have children after you are forty. They will be such a joy!” I thought that was interesting as I had not told her that I was single, 30 years old and was waiting for God to fulfill the desires of my heart for a husband and a family. Little did I know that in two years I would be afforded the opportunity to come on staff at a local church as their secretary and that the job would provide wonderful fellowship and purpose, that would insulate me from the pain of loneliness that would have been too hard to bear during the 12 more years that I had to wait. I met my sweet husband, Richard, at that church and we married when I was 42 and he was 47. Four years later, when I was 46, I gave birth to our precious daughter, Mary Ellen. She is such a joy!
When the little old lady paid for her order of flowers that day, she walked out the door. I looked away for a moment and when I looked again, she was gone. I don’t know if she made a quick turn up the hill to the retirement center that was near the flower shop or hopped into a car I did not see or....she was an angel and just disappeared? Whatever the case, she was an angle to me. Angel means messenger and she gave me a powerful message that day that I will never forget and it filled my heart with hope during my wait!
“Therefore, let those also who suffer according to the will of God entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right.” 1Peter 4:19



7 comments:
Congratulations on 3 years of blogging! I enjoy reading your blog so much! Thanks for sharing with us!
Smiles,
Carol
Elena, Happy 3rd Blogging Anniversary, I can't believe I have been blogging as long as I have either. Never thought I would even learn how to do it. Because of blogging, I have met about 20 or so bloggers in real life, never thought that would happen either. Some have become special new friends. Blogging has added so much to my life.
I have read your story before, but I still tear up every time I read it. You were so blessed, but so is Mary to have you for a Mother. God bless you, and I hope you have a very special Easter.
Elena, How blessed to read this story again, I was blessed even more tonight, as I read this, remembering the awesomeness of God, and how His timing is perfect, if we will only wait on Him, as you did, though I know it was hard at times.
I enjoyed the family photos, and what memories you all are making.
Congratulations on your three years of blogging, I am so glad to have met you and your dear family, I have been blessed in more ways that you will ever know.
Wishing you and your dear family a very blessed Easter Sunday.
Hugs,
Sue
Such a sweet story, Elena. God is so amazing in how He meets our deepest needs in just the most wonderful ways!!
Great photos...ditto about your Dad and doing as well at his age!!
Love to you!
Hope you have a glorious Easter celebration, sweet friend!
HUGS,
Becky
Happy Anniversary. I am so thrilled to have met your family in blogland. I love keeping up with your many adventures and your sweet Mary is such a blessing.
I loved your first post!
Happy Easter!
I am so glad you reposted that first post. It brought tears to my eyes.
It is wonderful to have you as a blog friend. Mary has grown so much and I love your writing.
Happy 3 Year Anniversary!! What a blessing your blog has been to me. First to meet such a woman after God's heart- such a dear friend-- I'm so thankful.
I just love your angel post and remember how touched I was the first time I read it. And now your sweet Mary- it has been so much watching her grow up on your blog. Feel like I know her, especially from the videos.:)
Great pictures with your dad. He looks like such a nice man. So glad you got to spend time with him!
Hope your lovely flowers are blooming and the sun shines where you are. Spring is slow to stick around here this year. Every warmer sunny day is a gift right now.:)
Have a great week, Elena.
Love,
Linda
Post a Comment