Friday, September 30, 2011

The Imaginations of a Child

Mary always surprises and entertains me with her vivid imagination.  She quickly puts into role play, books she reads and movies she watches.  We checked this book out of the library a couple of weeks ago.  I have read it to her several times.  Two nights ago before going to sleep she told me how she was a big girl now and wanted to do a dog wash using real dogs!  I laughed and told her we would see about it in the morning.  When she got up the next day, I told she would have to wait until she was a big girl before she could have a dog wash for real dogs but she could wash some of her stuffed dogs.  She was thrilled.  So I set her up in the bathroom with her dog wash and she did it all herself while I finished cleaning the kitchen up from breakfast.  She did a great job and got her little dogs squeaky clean!  Here is the book and a few shots of her Great Dog Wash.




She got this video last week and has watched it several times each day.  This is such a cute story and it was produced by Disney 70 years ago.  Sweet stories are timeless. 

I helped her make a paper circus tent

A circus mask


and this is her famous circus dog!


Here is a video of his first performance.  I love Mary's Ring Master voice!  lol


Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=f4ad16fd3a82909366607d&skin_id=1604&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

2 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

It is amazing what kids can think of. I love all the photos. We will have to get the book Dog Wash. Love the tent.
Have a great weekend!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute...brings lots of memories for me to my daughter and her puppy. Such special times.