Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Perspective

This is our perspective on Santa.  We tell Mary that Santa's real name is Saint Nicolas and he really lived and loved Jesus.  He was a man who gave his fortune to the poor and cared about children and most of all he loved God.  So all the men we see today dressed up like Santa are just people who are remembering St. Nicolas and what he stood for.  When I took Mary to have her picture taken with Santa, he asked what she wanted for Christmas, she told him, "Oh, I just love Christmas!"  He smiled and I was so proud of her.  She is such a sweetheart and really loves everything about Christmas.  On Sunday we were at our pastor's home for a Christmas potluck.  At the end of the meal the pastor's wife played the piano and we all sang Christmas carols around the tree.  Mary just walked up in front of all the people and began to direct the singing.  She moved her arms in perfect time just like a choir director.  Everyone was amazed what great timing she has for such a young age.  She ended the song just like a choir director too.  I know she will enjoy performing as she grows.
 


3 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

Love that explanation of Santa. Those photos of Mary are so cute. The first one is my favorite. Have a great day.

Lois Christensen said...

We handled Santa in a very similar way! And received a lot of grief for doing so. But we stood our ground. It seems that you and your hubby are doing a great job! The pictures are so cute and I can just see her directing everyone! Enjoy!

Leah said...

Loved reading this post!

Those pictures are great also!