Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mary Girl

This post is all about what our Mary girl has been up to lately.  There are a lot of pictures for this one (smile).  She is just growing so quickly and learning so many new things and doing so well with her school work.  The other night she helped her daddy make cherry tarts.  




Part of her school work is learning to draw animals.  She drew a parakeet.  The book showed that you were supposed to color it green and yellow.  She said she wanted to color it pink.  I didn't  know that they came in pink but I told her to go ahead and color what ever she wanted.  The next day we went to the pet store to get some fish food and low and behold there were 2 pink parakeets in a cage.  She was so excited!  

So the next day I got out our craft stuff and helped her make a pink parakeet refrigerator magnet.

She is doing great with her writing and she is only a little over 5 years old.  Here is a sample of her work.  Homeschooling is going so well.  We both are enjoying it and I am also getting so many wonderful ideas for homeschooling projects from Pinterest.

Here is a Pin-inspired project we did yesterday.  We used the heart of a celery stock to make red roses and a toilet paper roll pushed into the shape of a heart to make a heart stamp.  She loves red paint so she was in heaven.

While her painted creations dried, she signed her zebra Valentines and we decided to who they were to go to and wrote addresses on the envelopes.  She just got so excited.  She wanted to address the envelopes but they were kind of small and the addresses a little lengthy for her age, so I wrote on the front of the envelope and then I let her write on the back.  

Here is one of her signed Valentine's.  She told me the small "M" to the left is a invitation to her house to celebrate. (smile)  Bless her little heart she wants to write so much more that she knows how right now so she just uses zigzag lines to write things.  She has so many things she wants to say and tells us all kinds of stories.  She reminds me so much of my mom in that way.  My mom was a wonderful communicator and I learned so many things about her life and her walk of faith with the Lord that has greatly impacted my life.   

I am so enjoying being her mom and her teacher!

6 comments:

Miller Racing Family said...

How fun. I love the fact that homeschooling is so hands on. Keep up the good work.

Lois Christensen said...

This was such a wonderful post! You're doing such a great job homeschooling her. And I call my Olivia, Livie Girl! Still do even though she's 19! Love the pie tart form! Need one of those! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Mary has two wonderful parents, both of whom interact so well with her!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What fun you are having home schooling! Cherry tarts, pink parakeets, Valentines, wow! She looks like she is doing quite well for her age--what a joy and blessing you are to one another.

Dianna said...

What a beautiful daughter you have, and what a beautiful life you are giving her.

Sue said...

I am giving Mary an A+ in her penmanship, her art work, and her baking skills. What a joy it has been for me to have been given the opportunity to travel with you and your precious family on this journey. You and Rich continue to bless and inspire me.
Enjoy your day,
Love,
Sue