Mary and I made a red, white and blue cake today. We call it our freedom cake. I used a box of white cake mix and divided it into thirds. I used food coloring to dye one blue and one red.
Then I baked them. The blue one looked green because of the browning of the outside. I frosted it with butter cream frosting.
Mary decorated it on the top. I just turned her loose and she thought up the design all herself.
I thought she did such a good job and she is only 5!
Then we put some candles on it.
Here's the happy girl with her cake. She can hardly wait for daddy to get home and see it!
4 comments:
Mary did an excellent job, Elena, she is so creative, and has had two wonderful teachers. You have the funnest house always so many wonderful things going on, I always know that when I visit, I am in for a treat, and always leave so blessed. Thanks for sharing you family and your blessed life. God is so Good!!
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Sue
You both did an excellent job! I'm sure it tasted delicious also!
What a great job Mary did! (and you of coure, smile) You make the holidays so much fun! Hope you have a great weekend!
What a super cute idea. Hope you had a great 4th.
Post a Comment