The other day I realized that every year Rich takes a picture of Mary and I at my mom's grave. It was so fun to pull these up and see how she has grown. We go out on Memorial Day to remember my mom and other family members. My mom died 18 years before Mary was born, so I know she will think that she died an eternity before she was born. I thought that of my mom's mom and she only died 12 years before I was born. So we want to show Mary how much we love and miss my mom and it is also a wonderful opportunity to talk about heaven. When we place the flowers on my mom's grave we read 1 Thess. 4:16 & 17 to her and I know some day she will be reading it to us. Tears always fill my eyes as I read it because it is such a blessed hope. This is what it says, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord." We also put a copy of the verse with the flowers.
| 2007 Mary is 7 mos. old |
| 2008 Mary is 19 months old |
| 2009 Mary is 2 1/2 years old |
| 2010 Mary is 3 1/2 years old |
![]() |
| 2011 Mary is 4 1/2 years old. This is at my cousin's grave. |
![]() |
| 2011 at my mom's grave |
![]() |
| 2012 Mary is 5 1/2 years old |



5 comments:
What a lovely tradition and great pictures to go with it!
what nice memories!
Love this tradition. I loved seeing how Mary has grown. Hope you have a great weekend!
What a glorious and happy day that will be Elena!!!
I have also enjoyed seeing Mary grow, and seeing how you and Rich are teaching her about the Love of the Lord! And this year Max was here to join in the memorial service you all share. BTW you look more beautiful each passing year. What a joy it has been for me to have you share your wonderful life, I always leave so blessed.
Love,
Sue
Great pictures...with some very touching memories.
Post a Comment