I feel like I am living out a dream... From my young adulthood I have dreamed about having a home based business where I could be home with my kids and work with my husband to make a living. When I was 26 I took a 4 week floral design course and became a florist thinking that if I got married that I could do this from my house. I did enjoy being a florist for about 5 years but doing it from my home and being married then did not happen. God had a different plan. From our first early months of dating Rich and I have thought and dreamed about having a shop and making lamps with beautiful flower designs on them. So I knew the skills that I had learned in floral work and office work have dove tailed together to help us in our new venture with the ceramic business. Another interesting development is in making beautiful funeral urns. We have been made aware that there is a need for them in our area and because of the tight economy many more people are being cremated. Rich will be able to make a beautiful urn with hand carved and painted designs with the person's name, dates and short sentiment on it. Also he is going to be making vases with light shining out through the design and a container on top for fresh or artificial flowers in it, for people to rent as center pieces for weddings or big events. These center pieces look very sparkly and magical. I made one for a Christmas banquet a couple of years ago and got a lot of compliments and interest in them. So that will be our line of things for now, lamps, funeral urns, pet urns and party vases.
Here is a shot of a set of lamps that Rich did for our bedroom.
Here they are with just the night lights lit. You can't see it but they make a
pretty pattern of light on the ceiling.
We have been waiting to open our Ebay store because we are looking for affordable boxes and foam packing to ship them in. This morning Rich made an order of foam from back East that will be half the price of getting it local. We will buy the boxes local. So the shipping cost and packing cost will come to about $34 per lamp.
Here are some lamps awaiting shipping.
Here are some wet cylinders drying on the top shelf.
and here are some bases and molds in the drying selves.
Rich has been busy out in the shop each day getting ready to make more lamps, a new funeral urn and some lighted vases. Peace of Earth Ceramics is a step of faith for us and we are trusting the Lord for his provision. We are so excited to see what the Lord is going to do!
3 comments:
I am so excited for your new business, Elena, you both have worked so hard, The lamps in your bedroom are beautiful! And the sky is the limit as to what you and Rich will be able to do. We are told in the Bible that God would give us the desires of our Heart, And I have found that He always keeps His promises!. Blessings on your new business adventure!
Love,
Sue
How exciting. I love how the lamps look with the night lights. I wish you all the best in this new adventure. May the Lord bless you all.
They look beautiful! Happy everything seems to be coming together for you and your hubby! Now, how is Mary's pumpkin?
Post a Comment