Mary has
a baby pumpkin that is growing really fast. It went from a grape size to a grapefruit size in a week! We are pinching off all the new pumpkins that come on the vine, so all the strength will go to this pumpkin. We want to see how big it will get this year. The vine is in a better spot this year with more sun, so we are hoping for a whopper this year.
Beautiful pumpkin flower
We are propping the vine up in degrees to get the pumpkin to sit on end so it will form in a nice round shape.
We also had this beautiful visitor this morning. It is a blue heron. Such a magnificent bird. I love the way it moves with such grace.
4 comments:
What great ideas! I need to tell my hubby about propping the vines up for a few of our pumpkins! Great photos!
Please tell Miss Mary, the gardener, she is doing a fine job, her pumpkin is lovely, and I am looking forward to seeing how big it will grow!
Congratulations on getting your new website almost up. I know you and Rich have worked very hard!
Blessings and hugs,
Sue
How exciting. The pumpkin flower is very beautiful. Hope you have a great day!
Yes, like Sue in a comment before me, said...Please tell Mary she is doing great work with the pumpkin it's looks great...and I'm also anxious to see how big it will get...
Post a Comment