Well the last ten days have been all about getting over the crud or as Mary puts it "the cud". Sunday night 10 days ago Mary started getting a rough voice and then sneezing and coughing followed. I came down with it on Tuesday with a fever and weakness and Rich followed on Wednesday. He didn't get a fever and had the lightest case of the three of us. He missed 3 days of work because at the hospital at his new job in sterile processing you have to be well. No sickie's at work. So he stayed home and took care of us. Have I said how much I love my husband? He babied me and Mary by cooking us soup and wonderful warm homemade sourdough bread and let me rest and did the dishes and cleaned up. When I thought we were on the mend by Friday, Mary came down with a fever and coughing so hard she threw up. So was our weekend, keeping her fever down, having her drink lots of fluids and praying. I was so worried. Her sweet little face was thin and pale. This is the sickest she had been in her whole life. She has never been sick more than 2 or 3 days with something. She just wasn't getting better. So we took her to the doctor yesterday and she had a double ear infection. So now she is on antibiotics, fever is gone, sleeping without coughing and getting color back in her little cheeks. During her long cabin stay, Rich planted garden seeds with her and she got so excited so see them sprout. Hopefully we will have cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers growing this summer in the garden. Rich is always such an inspiration to me with all his cooking projects and wanting to plant and make things. He made some homemade ham, cured it in the fridge. It was so yummy. It tasted like corn beef. He made the most wonderful soup with it. It had carrots, noodles, chicken broth and chunks of the ham. There is nothing that warms the body like that kind of soup when you are feeling lousy. Through all our couch days and movie watching our sweet little pup warmed our laps and kissed our cheeks. I am so glad little dogs don't get our bugs and can be such a sweet comfort to a little girl who is not feeling well. Thank you Lord for your goodness to us and all the wonderful things we have and for your healing touch in our lives!
Yummy sourdough bread fresh from the oven.
Our little big nose :)
4 comments:
So sorry to hear you were all so sick, but so glad all is well now. Being a mother and grandmother, I know how MOTHER's worry. Please take care and God Bless!
Bless your heart. I feel your pain with sickness. Donnie is the only one that hasn't been sick this winter. Trey just got over his second round of the stomach bug. Let's just say I am ready for the hot summer to get rid of all these germs. Glad to hear you are all getting better. Have a great day!
Blessings and healing to you and your family, my sweet friend.
I'm sorry you've been down with the crud. My husband and I spent a little over three weeks sick in late January and nearly all of February. It really takes a long time to return to feeling normal.
Your darling little Mary is such a sweetheart. Her curly brown hair and sweet smile is so precious. How fun for her to plant and watch things grow. There are so many timeless lessons to be learned through this process.
Thank you for you thoughtful comment on my blog. I love it when you stop by, my dear friend and sister in our precious Savior.
Have a lovely week.
Smiles,
Carolynn xoxo
Elena,
Sending thoughts of a speedy full recovery your direction. At least Mary had the little sprouting seedlings and those wet puppy kisses to bring a smile to her face.
Thanks for leaving the sweet comment about my St. Patrick's Day postcards.
Debra
Post a Comment