In light of this coming weekend I wanted to write something about my mom. She was a an amazing person and I was blessed to be her child and learn from her and be loved by her. My mother had a gift, not something that she made but one that God gave her. She accepted Jesus Christ as her Savior as a young child and grew in the knowledge and light of His truth. My mother was a very truthful person and seen through the veneer of things and could see deeper because God gave her insight. Sometimes this gift came in a prophecy of future events and sometimes in the form of knowledge that was not privy to her except by the Holy Spirit. At times she was able to see pitfalls long before they happened or she was able to learn to do a skill not from a book or a person but through the Holy Spirit giving her knowledge. All the truth that she had did not contradict what was taught in the Bible but lined up with what it said. For she knew the Bible was true and you could trust in it. One of mom's earliest prophecies that was inspired by God was when she was about 13 years old. Her sister who was 17 years older than her was married and had an adorable little boy. She loved this little boy so much that she became over protective of him. What I mean by over protective was that she would not let him go out and play ball with the other little boys and get sweaty as she was afraid something would happen to him. She would not let her husband, who was a good man, discipline him. She made the whole world bend to this child. She was spoiling him. One day my mom went to her sister in love to warn her of her behavior. She said that if she did not stop this behavior that her son would grow up and lose his mind, become mentally ill. Well, these words were not taken kindly by her sister and she chased my mother out of the house with a broom, swinging and swatting at her and telling her how dare she say such a thing. The following years were peppered with events of her older sister showing anger against her. It saddened my mom as she was only telling her what God has shown her and she wanted to help her sister. Well about 16 years later this thing came true. Mom's nephew grew up being an only child and controlled and spoiled by his mother and he did have a mental break down, went to mental hospital and eventually died from the complications of an attempted suicide. It took another 16 years after his death for things to be made right between my mom and her sister. They lived near each other and did see each other but it took another event of a fulfilled warning that my mom gave her about another family member before she changed. A family member she hung out with ended up not loving her as she should. She had an argument with her, she had a terrible fall during this argument and the family member shoveled her into bed and took off with just a quick phone call to my mom. My mom went to her house, found her, called the paramedics had her checked out and then nursed her back to health. After that event her sister broke and told mom she knew that she really loved her and all the anger and bitterness and pride melted away that had been there for so many years and in their old age they became friends. This story is just one of many, many times my mom seen something in the future and because she loved others more than herself she tried to warn them. She was usually disregarded and sometimes scorned for her efforts. As I said my mother was an amazing person with a lot of love and a special gift from the Holy Spirit that she did not abandon in the light of rejection or persecution. I was blessed by my mother's insight and foreknowledge as she had many lovely things to say too. She said I would have curly headed children. Well I have a curly headed daughter and Rich and I lost a little one too small to hold in our arms. So I never got to see that little ones head of curls. Another thing she told me one day when I was a teenager as I was sitting at our family piano playing some songs was that when I got married I was to get the piano. So this special Mother's Day weekend I am able to sit down with my daughter and play the piano together. Mama saw that little sweet bouncy curly headed girl sitting on the piano stool next to me loving the piano and bringing so much fun and joy to my heart. Thank you Lord for a loving, truthful and godly mother.
Here is the link to the video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=12cee832f37a4ae5a686e8a&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
2 comments:
What a super sweet post. Your mother sounds like a wonderful Godly woman. I love the video, Mary is so cute. I loved when she waved at the camera. She is getting so good at the piano. Hope you have a fabulous mother's day!
Obedience is better than sacrifice, Elena, I am so glad your mom chose to obey the Holy Spirit! i am also glad that through the Holy Spirt forgiveness and restoration took place, Our God is in the restoring business. Your mom sounds like a woman after God's own heart. Thank you for sharing.
Enjoyed yours and Mary's duet, I know that through the Holy Spirit God has gifted you and Rich with Mary, she must bring so much joy to you both! God is always so faithful to His children.
Blessings,
Sue
Post a Comment