I had the livin' daylights scared out of me last week. As my usual practice in the morning I took our pup, Mackie, out to the front yard to do his business. This particular morning I had no more than stepped out on the front step and a large black dog let out this vicious growl and before I could get Mackie, who had gone down on to the lawn, the dog was trying to climb over our low fence. I heard the dogs owner yell at him to stop. The guys voice had a element of fear in it. I ran to get Mackie 'cause I knew if that dog got over the fence he was going to kill Mackie. As I ran to him, he ran back to the front door with his tail down and pressing on the door to get in. I quickly ran to the door opened it and ran inside too! The whole time the dog never stopped snarling and growling and was almost over the fence and he never listened to his owner either. Poor little Mackie's heart was about to beat out of his chest. After I got my composure, I remembered something Rich said to me a month or so ago. He had a thought or premonition that a vicious dog would jump our fence and get in the yard. So, I told him what happened and I also called our landlord. Why I was so shaken up was the thought of Mary's safety. Mary plays with Mackie in our back yard all the time. The yard is fenced with a high board fence all the say around except for the drive way side. If that crazy dog tried to jump the front fence he could try to get in our back yard if Mary was out there playing with Mac. I told our landlord what happened and asked if we could raise the fence. She was totally supportive and said we could and that they would be calling the guy about his dog. Thankfully we had all the fencing material. We had bought the stuff a number of years ago but never got around to putting it up. So Saturday Rich put it up. We have planted morning glories of all colors by the fence posts so hopefully this summer we have a lovely green wall of blue, white, red, pink and lavender flowers and no more episodes with our neighbor's dog.
1 comment:
Wow. That would have scared me as well. I love the idea of planting the beautiful flowers along the wall. Keep that sweet dog! lol
Post a Comment