Thursday, September 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Rich

We just celebrated Rich's last year of his 50's.  I have posted a few pics of him down through the years.  He is my only true and handsome sweetheart.  I am so very thankful for the years that we have known each other and the wonderful 11 years of marriage.  He is wonderful husband, father and my best friend! 
 Fishing while on leave from the Army 1980
 
 
 With Army buddies in Georgia 1980
 
 
 Playing a Reno Elvis in a church play
 
 
 With a special gift on his birthday in 2007
 
 
 Crater Lake 2007
 
 
 Fishing at a high mountain lake in Utah 2001
 
 
A little shaver in 1956
 
 
 The chocoholic cake Mary and I made him circled by luscious Oregon grapes
 
 
 A book he got.  He wants to take some trips into the wild areas around here and learn to find some plants and use them in recipes.  This is good book with lots of detail and info.
 
 
 Happy at a local steak house!
 
 
Cake at his folks house afterwards. The chocaholic cake is an old recipe that I had.  It is a devils food cake mix with chocolate pudding mix, sour cream, milk, 4 eggs, 2 cups chocolate chips and chia seeds all mixed together and baked.  Then a chocolate glaze frosting poured over the top.  We had a wonderful day and are so very thankful for all the Lord has given us! 
 

3 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Tell rich I said Happy birthday. I push the button on 72 the 15th of this month. - Jim

JD/ Jill said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Rich...Hope it was a great day! Thanks for sharing the great pics!

Becky K. said...

Happy belated birthday to Rich. I love the pics from over the years. It is so hard to believe that you've been married that long already. But they have been very special years.