From the time I was really small I have loved shoes. My mom told me that when I got a new pair of shoes I loved them so much that I would want to hold them in my arms and sleep with them at night. My folks were going through a very hard financial time when I was little. My family lived in a 8' by 20' trailer and there were 4 kids. They had bought a piece of land in Oregon but a recession occurred and my dad couldn't find steady work for several years. Sometimes he had no money for gas and would walk to work. He had to wire his shoes together to keep them from falling apart. My mom just had a pair of flip flops (they called them thongs back then) that she wore until the soles were paper thin. They sacrificed so greatly for their kids. So when I got a pair of shoes it was a big deal. My folks said that they were poor in material possessions but rich in love and faith. Mom said that when she would get us all dressed up for church on Sunday morning and would look at us all ready to go in the panel wagon we had, she said she felt like she had 4 million dollars. In a few years my dad got a job in a plywood mill that opened up and he was able to build a house on that land, in the evenings and weekends. I never did have a lot of shoes through out my life and even less now that I am older. I just want the comfortable ones. lol But I still love shoes. My little girl doesn't have a lot of shoes either but I still love to go shopping for a pair when she needs them. Yesterday I went down to her little dance studio and bought her a new pair of ballet slippers and a used pair of tap shoes. She is so excited to start up her dance class. She has had dancing feet since she was very small. I will include a video of her dancing in her first pair of tap shoes back when she was 2 1/2.
Here is the link: http://youtu.be/r7cGN8zRSeQ
No comments:
Post a Comment