A few months back I found this children's Bible at a local thrift store. I was thrilled because it was just like the children's Bible my brother and I got for Christmas one year. Do you remember this Ben? Anyway I have been reading to Mary out of it and she has been really enjoying it. It has some great illustrations that she likes looking at while I read the story. For the month of July our internet Bible study fellowship out of Texas took a break and we decided to have our own family time of reading the Bible, singing and prayer. This Sunday was the first time and it was so great! We plan on doing this now rather than the internet Bible Study. Our friend, Todd in Bakersfield inspired us. We read Mary the story of Elijah being caught up. We pulled up some Swing Low Sweet Chariot songs on You Tube. We landed on the Plantation singers and we sang Swing Low Sweet Chariot several times and Mary was having a blast clapping her hands and dancing. She got caught up! lol That little girl loves music and loves to dance. I also played the Plantation singers singing, "This Little Light of Mine." I have included the videos and the links to them. The lady on the far right just made me smile so much. Her joy blessed me. I read up on the author of Swing Low Sweet Chariot. It was written by a freedman who had been a slave of the Choctaw Nation people in Oklahoma. Singing the song brought tears to my eyes as I thought of how the slaves had nothing and had many hardships but the ones that knew the Lord had their hope laid in heaven where they would be free.
Here is the link to the video: http://youtu.be/ljup8cIRzIk
Here is the link to the video: http://youtu.be/OuUky4cE3cc


No comments:
Post a Comment