When Rich and I married in December of 2002 we were the last of 3 couples to be married that year in the church that I worked at and we all attended. Rich and I and the other 2 couples knew each other and had all been very active in the church. All had married a little later in life. The first couple Kyle and Wendy married in August of 2002. They were in their mid 30's and Wendy had some health struggles. They really wanted children but Wendy had a hard time and miscarried quite a few times before having their little boy, Kai, in September of 2005. They were very sweet and always sent Christmas cards to us after we moved to Oregon and we kept in touch on facebook. Last year in April, to our great shock and sorrow, Wendy passed away leaving Kyle and her 10 year old son. She loved that little guy so much. My heart ached for him. This is what her husband, Kyle wrote right after she died:
Wendy, my beautiful wife and mother of our son, passed away Friday,April 15 (2016). She is the most loving, caring, toughest, huggiest, oneriest woman I have known. She will be missed. Thank you all for the prayers and support through this difficult time.
Wendy and Kai
Their last family picture taken at the beach
Just a few days ago we received some very sad news from the 2nd couple, Peter and Eve, who were married in September of 2002. Eve had died suddenly leaving her husband Peter and 2 boys, David and Joey (one just older than Mary and one just younger). Eve too had miscarried their first baby, like Rich and I did. Eve was such a sweet girl and wonderful mother. In her single years she was very active in the youth ministry and many kids just adored her. This is what Eve's husband Peter shared about Eve's death:
On Thursday night, April 27 (2017), I came home from night classes finding Eve deceased in the bath tub. Life saving measures were unsuccessful. Over the last few years, Eve suffered a few seizures. The cause of her seizures were unknown. The most likely scenario is that Eve drowned after suffering a seizure. I want everyone to know that I believe Eve left us with no suffering. She had no memory of her previous seizures as they caused an immediate loss of consciousness. Every indication allows us to believe the same for this.
Eve spent her last two days enjoying quality time with family and friends. We spent our last evening with her talking for hours, just like we did when we first met. Her last conscious moment on earth was spent warmly wrapped in a luxurious lavender bath, and then she heard, "Well done good and faithful servant."
Eve in the 1990's having fun with the youth group kids
They all loved her so much

Here she is with one of her little guys. Such a loving mom.
Eve with a friend's little girl taken 2 weeks before she died.
Peter & Eve's 2 boys, Joey and David with them in the background.
It has been hard this last week taking this all in and remembering events over the last 20 years. I went to Calvary Chapel Oceanside for 14 1/2 years and worked there for almost 13 years. It was big part of my life and I got to know a lot of people there. I remember when both Wendy and Eve got pregnant and had their first babies before I did. I was sad as I was 6 years older than Wendy and 12 years older than Eve and wanted a baby so bad. When I miscarried our first baby when I was 44 almost 45 I had to fight hopelessness and thinking I was too old. I knew nothing was impossible with God. So I continued to wait on the Lord and against all odds Rich and I had Mary. Now we are 57 and 61 and I ponder the death of these 2 sweet gals leaving their children just Mary's age. Little would I of dreamed that they would have left this earth before I did and were not able to raise their children. I am so thankful to the Lord for Rich and I's good health but more importantly our waiting on the Lord and trusting him in all things and continuing to stand on the promise that God has given us to raise Mary in the knowledge of Him that she will walk with Him all her days.






No comments:
Post a Comment