"Bye Bye, Mommy" were spoken to me by my 2-year old with a big smile as I put her down in her Sunday School classroom. You may think that is not a big deal, but coming from a little girl who cries when I go to check the mail or take a shower and daddy is watching her, is a big deal! She loves her daddy and gets over it quickly, but she is just so attached to me she doesn't want me going anywhere:) I don't work out of the home and she is our only child. Last month we changed churches and started putting her in class instead of having her with us. She made a beautiful transition, but I always set her down and made my exit without trying to make her notice my leaving. The teacher said she didn't get upset during the whole class time and really enjoyed herself. Well, last Sunday there was a new teacher and another little girl, named Madeline. She was crying at the top of her lungs! So, I was a little apprehensive how Mary would handle it. As soon as her feet hit the floor, she turned around, smiled and said, "Bye bye, Mommy!" She looked at little Madeline crying and walked right up to the teacher! My heart was so blessed as I walked out and went with Rich to service. I am so happy that my little girl loves Sunday School. The teachers and other workers in the children's ministry there are so sweet and the place has such a wonderful spirit about it. I continue to pray that Mary's heart will always be drawn to church and fellowship with other believers and that her walk will always be close to our heavenly Father.
9 comments:
This blessed my heart so much, Elena. Ben
NICE STORY. DO DAN AND MEL GO THERE WITH YOU OR DID THEY STEY AT THE OTHER ONE?
Enda
Awesome!!! We pray that for her too!!!! She is such a special child!!!! It makes my heart HAPPY to hear how well she is doing. She is a gift to all of us!!!
Thanks for sharing and have an awesome day in the Lord.
Love,
Kristine
I know the feeling, and sunday school was what worked for my oldest. What a blessing.
Little Mary sounds very much how my Rachel was when she was a baby. I couldn't even put her down to go potty. She would cry every Sunday that I dropped her off in the church nursery. All to say that I can relate. As you know well, train up Mary in the way she should go and she will not depart from it when she's older. Consistancy and faithfulness are so important! Much love xoxo
Thats my biggest prayer for kai, too. Wendy
Thank for the recipe and the photos!!!! I love your stories!!!
Kristine
The recipe sounds wonderful. I still have some canned salmon that my brother canned 3 years ago when he last went to Alaska for the summer. Enda
This is so sweet Elena. I'm so glad Mary likes her Sunday school class. I remember those days very well.
Your dinner of macaroni and salmon sounded so good. You are a very good wife and mother.
Happy Wednesday. Hugs, Kathi
Post a Comment