Monday, December 15, 2008

Our Celebration

We woke up yesterday, bright and early and looked out the window to see a light snow falling but not sticking on the ground. I thought how romantic, as it was our wedding anniversary. Our precious little girl was still sleeping so we made our way, quietly to the living room and sat at the base of our Christmas tree and exchanged our anniversary gifts. So much fun!
Rich gave me a beautiful leather bound NASB Study Bible. I have many Bibles but I did not have one with my married name printed on it. I felt for a long time that I would just use the Bibles I had. The one I liked to use the most had my maiden name on it. So, I would hide the name on it. Kind of silly I know, but my new name is important to me. He had my name printed on it and a 2 heart symbol with an arrow. It was Sunday and I was so excited to get it and take it to church that day!
He also got me a beautiful barrette for my hair....and a wind chime that makes the most beautiful chimes. I just love wind chimes but I have never owned one. Just always thought it was something extra that I did not need and I could spend the money on other things. My husband is so thoughtful.

After church, his folks watched Mary and we went out to a really nice fish restaurant. Rich had the shrimp platter and I had breaded halibut in a mango sauce. It was delicious! I was going to take a picture of it but we were hungry and I forgot. We had a lovely booth by the window and we could watch the beautiful snow flakes fall. Then we had dessert, a chocolate cheese cake with ice cream and hot fudge and Heath bar topping. As you can see, I did remember to take a picture of it. We shared the plate and we ate until we couldn't get another bite past our teeth!


Wow, what a great day!











11 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for visiting me the other day. I love that picture, too.

Anonymous said...

awww... that's so cute. I'm glad you guys had such a lovely time. And Rich is a wonderful gift giver! Those all sound like perfect gifts for you, Elena. :)

love,

Selina

Anonymous said...

Elena-- This was beautiful, tender and scrumptious, all in one! What did you get Rich? And has our card arrived?

Ben

Tirz said...

Such thoughtful gifts that Rich gave you. It sounds like you really had a lovely anniversary!

Grace Acres said...

sounds so wonderful.

Anonymous said...

The only way I can do ice cream in the winter is with my back up against the fire place. And I love ice cream! Jim use to tell everyone that when I brought a 1/2 gallon home he had better get what he wanted from it as the next day when he would come in from work it would be gone. He was telling the truth.
Sounds like you had a great day and I know that Dan and Mel had a great time with Mary.
Enda

the voice of melody said...

Happy belated anniversary! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration and I'm sure you'll enjoy using your new Bible very much. Oh, and that chocolate cheesecake looks delicious! :)

Linda C said...

Happy Anniversary! So special:) Sounds like you had a great time and such thoughtful gifts!

Merry Christmas also!

Linda C

Rose of Sharon said...

Happy anniversary! You both look so great! You look so beautiful and happy! I love the thoughtful gifts! You are truly blessed!

Hugs, Sharon

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a wonderful day together!
~Kelli

Jackie said...

What a special day, Elena! God sure knew what He was doing when He blessed you and your hubby with each other.