We bought Mary a Fisher Price Little People Nativity set this year and I set it up by our little Christmas tree next to our kitchen table. Here is a shot of it.
A little closer look...

Here is Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus...

and the three wise men with their camel. But where are all the other animals?

Here they are! Mary is playing with them!
One of Mary's favorite games is to ask where something is and then find it and exclaim very loudly, "There it is!" and then laugh and giggle over her discovery.
We want to keep this nativity set for Mary for many Christmas times to come. It is a set that we can use to tell her of the birth of Jesus Christ and one that she can play with and learn the names of all the members without worrying about breaking it. I like it because it is just so cute! For more fun seeing people's treasures just go to Kelli's blog here.

10 comments:
You can tell she was really into her story when you took the picture! I love this set! Sweet Nativity, and Sweet Angel!
You need to have all of these photos to go with the Nativity set when you give it to her when she's older! (that's her tree too) Cute!
That is sooo great!!!! It sooooo wonderful that she can learn of the ultimate Love - the Love of God - at a young age.
Kristine
This is our favorite, I always look forward to getting it out each Christmas because our children spend hours playing with it and retelling the Christmas story. The funny thing is that we also have Noah's Ark and often a few extra animals come to worship... zebras, hippos, whatever our little ones think need to be there!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Gayly
www. quilt-n-mama.blogspt.com
That is so very sweet. I love the little set and your Mary is so precious. Kathi
So sweet- I love having non-breakable things around for kids to explore:)
Linda C
That is precious. When my children were young I made a fabric nativity. So sweet that they can play and learn about the real meaning of Christmas.
oh my gosh! i have been looking for that everywhere, since kai was born. where did you find it? i just love it because it is something the kids can play with without getting in trouble and its a good teaching of the birth of Jesus. AWESOME!
wendy
It's so cute and what a wonderful way to teach your daughter the true meaning of Christmas!
~Kelli
This is wonderful...I didn't know they even made this...I will be getting one for the Grands right away...thanks so much!
Blessings,
Susie
By the way...Mary is a cutie pie!
Post a Comment