My mother-in-law and I took Mary to the mall to see Santa. When we arrived at his little village we took a slow stroll around the perimeter showing Mary the Christmas trees, snow and stuffed animals. We waved at Santa as we went by and said, "Look, Mary, there is Santa!" We were doing this to warm her up to the idea of sitting on Santa's lap for a picture. Last year when she was 14 months old, she sat on his lap briefly (just enough time to snap a picture) and then she burst into tears! After we went around the perimeter this time, I walked her down the little path to his big chair. She momentarily froze. When, he held out his hand to her and invited her to sit on his lap, she said, "Hi Grandpa" and settled down on his lap for a picture. After she was done he handed her a coloring book and she exclaimed with joy, "Thank you!"

3 comments:
What a sweet blessing your daughter is. I know you treasure her after waiting so long for her. I'm praying for a baby girl. I have two blessing boys, but I would love a little girl too.
That is a sweet story and a sweet photo of your precious little Mary!
How cute! Kristine
Post a Comment