I had such a lovely surprise yesterday morning. I was on the computer in the morning and I received an e-mail from a friend that I have kept in contact with on facebook. She was going to be meeting another friend for breakfast and invited Mary and I to come too. I called her and found out where they were going. I was still in my pjs and Mary was just finishing up her cereal. I quickly got Mary and I ready and headed out the door. I met them at this lovely little outdoor cafe in a small historic town not far from where I live. I have not sat down and visited with these ladies for 20 years. One lives in Arizona and is only here for a few months in the summer. We had the best time. Mary warmed right up to them and sat on their laps and gave them lots of hugs. After breakfast we went to a near by park where Mary could play. She just had a blast! We had such a great visit. It was so fun to tell them things that the Lord had done in my life and they had wonderful stories to tell too. It is such a blessing to have friends in the Lord and ones you can be friends no matter how much time has passed!



7 comments:
How wonderful. I love meeting up with old friends. I'm glad you and Mary had such a great time. Blessings, Annie
What fun, Elena! That's a wonderful surprise, isn't it?
Friends in the Lord are so special- you are right!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment and especially for your prayers:)
Hugs,
Linda
I love those friends with whom things just come so naturally, and it doesn't matter at all how much time has passed! What a wonderful blessing for you all. I'm sure they were delighted to hear you say yes!!
Have a wonderful day, Elena. You are a ray of sunshine!
We're off to the beach! I know...it's tough, but someone has to do it!! ;o)
Love ya,
Becky
How wonderful you and Mary got to have a visit with them. Keeping in touch by phone and email is great, but that in-person visit just can't come close to those.
That's great.
I just had lunch with an old college friend while I was out of town. It's so nice to catch up on each other's lives.
Wow, 20 years is a long time but can go by before we know it. I am so happy you and Mary were able to spend time with your friends. I always enjoy reading your posts and I thank you very much for sharing them.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Dear Elena, as always your post is so truth and full of love and heart. Old friends are wonderful, as is meeting new friends, in His name. Each bring their own special joys and rewards, and rich blessings - and I am thankful that you bless my life in just such a way, Fiona x
Post a Comment