Saturday, August 1, 2009

Time


Time is passing through my fingers very quickly. I took this picture of Mary yesterday and it seems like I have just blinked and now she is almost 3 years old. Today marks the 4th year we moved here to Oregon from Southern California and came to live in my home town. After I put Mary down for her nap, I sat outside for a little while and contemplated the major milestones in my life. I realized we are coming to an end of a decade and I began to think of the decades in my life. In the 80's I graduated from college, my mom died and I moved to Southern California. Another huge decade in my life was this one, I met my husband, we both married for the first time, we moved here and I gave birth to my baby girl, our fist and only child. This has been the most impacting decade of my life and one of the happiest! I just sat there and wondered what this next decade will bring.... schooling for Mary, the start of our lamp business and I know things will happen that I have not dreamed of yet! God is so good and such a wonderful Father. I am so thankful how he has taken care of me and I look forward to what he has for me in the future!


" He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their hearts, yet so man will not find out the work which God had done from the beginning even to the end. I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime." Ecclesiastes 3: 11 & 12

8 comments:

BECKY said...

What special reflections you have shared, Elena! Time is going by terribly fast. It is August 1st...how crazy is that. Truly teaches us to redeem the time, doesn't it?

Hope all is going well for you! I worked all morning in the yard and I'm whooped!

Hope your Sunday is lovely and peace-filled!
Love ya sweetie!
Becky

Kathi said...

Thank you for stopping by Elena. It is so true how quickly time passes. Our children are such blessings. I have found that the blessings grow as they grow. God is so good. Kathi

Sue said...

Oh! Elena,
Mary is so beautiful and she is growing so fast. Don't you just want time to stand still with her?

I so enjoyed reading of what your life has been like, and to hear you give so much glory and honor to the One who made it all possible. My best to you and your husband on your knew adventure. I know God will continue to be as faithful as He has in the past.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Myrtle said...

Beautiful post Elena! Isn't God wonderful to give us these many gifts? All this and Heaven too!
Much love, Annie

Heidi Pocketbook said...

This is a truly reflective post, Elena. It's so amazing how time passes so quickly, and I think the older we get, the more we appreciate the little things and enjoying the moment. What a blessing the past decade has been--I'm sure it's hard to remember life before your dh and Mary.

Loretta said...

Hi Elena,
Thank you for visiting my site. Sue is such a wonderful Christian woman and has inspired me and taught me so much through her Spiritual Sunday posts.
I read your profile and it is indeed a beautiful story and a lesson in God's faithfulness and how He works in His time not ours. Your daughter is so beautiful! Blessings to you, Loretta

FeeBeeKay said...

What a beautiful touching post Elena, and so very appropriate to me right now. I am at something of a cross-roads and trying to shake myself up and look forwards instead of backwards. I really needed to read something like this today. Much love to you, and prayers and blessings for all the years ahead. I will be trying to be a better blogger this month - thank you for sticking with me.

Fiona x

Linda C said...

I don't know how I missed this post. But boy how right you are...time goes by somehow when we are not watching and another year is gone.

This is such a sweet picture of Mary. All I can tell you is treasure each day- they do grow up before you know it--sometimes I can't believe my kids are this old and gone out of the house- except Amanda of course:) And you can bet that I treasure each day the she is still here.

Hugs,
Linda