Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm so Glad I Said, "Yes!"

Eight years ago today the sun was setting on a beautiful Southern California beach. Rich and I were walking off our meal that we had at our favorite fish house. We had stuffed ourselves with very yummy food! Just as the sun met the water, Rich turned to me, pulled out a white ring box, opened it and it held a lovely heart shaped diamond ring! He asked me if I would marry him. I threw my arms around him and said, "Yes!" We stood there on that beach and talked about our love and when we would marry. I told him for the first time that I had a wedding gown that I had purchased the year he moved to California. I didn't know him then or have any promise of marriage and that now I knew why I bought that dress:)


We were so happy that day and are still so very happy today!

5 comments:

Becky K. said...

Sweet. I am so happy that God had this in mind for the two of you...

Becky K.

Linda C said...

Oh so sweet, Elena.:) Another precious story of your love. Enjoy the special day!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that Rich is glad that you said "yes" too ;-)

JD/ Jill said...

how special! And what a lovely couple you two make...Thank you for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Sweet.