Eight years ago today I married the one I love! We both just think, "Wow, where has the time gone?" So many wonderful blessings and changes have occurred in our lives. Amongst all the changes the memory of our wedding day always stands out so clear in my mind. I remember waking up the day of our wedding. I got our of bed, had breakfast, got dressed and went down to get in my car to drive to the church. There was a beautiful paper white narcissus blooming in my garden. I picked it and attached it to this letter that I had written to Rich. I placed the letter and flower in the men's dressing room, so that when they arrived, Rich would see it. I meant it with all my heart and I still feel the same way!
Rich saved the letter and I have it in our wedding memory book. Last night we had a little toast with sparkling cranberry juice and we had a red velvet cake for dessert. Mary thought it was great fun.
Rich's folks took care of Mary while we went out to lunch today. She has so much fun with Grandpa and Grandma.
Rich and I went to our favorite fish restaurant. We had the Mixed Grill.
Crab cake, salmon and prawns, yummm!
After dinner we walked over to the Harry and David store. This is the beautiful tree they have out front. We bought some huge white mushrooms, garlic cesar salad dressing and salt water taffy. It was very crowded with all the people shopping for holiday goodies. We had such a wonderful day!Elena

7 comments:
What sweet memories! It is so good that you got to spend time together today.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary Elena. What a precious gift a godly marriage is. You are indeed blessed. I'm so happy for you. Love the pics and the letter is such a beautiful memory. Mary is precious. The picture of her with her grandparents is so special too. Kathi
Wishing you and Rich a happy belated anniversary! December weddings are so special, our 35th anniversary is on the 27th.
Smiles,
Carol
Happy Anniversary!
Your post made me tear up! So sweet.
Looks like you had a wonderful time. The pictures are great.
Happy anniversary to both you and Rich!
It sounds like you and Rich had a nice and simple anniversary like dh and I did...I think that is great! I was thinking of you on your special day!
Hugs from Heidi
Happy "Belated" Anniversary to both of you. Looks like you had a very special day...Hope this next year is your best year yet. Many Blessings to you...
Post a Comment