It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house! We put up some lights around our front door and our flag and snowmen. This is our first time for outside decorations.
We set up the manger scene first thing on the inside. I was so pleased to find this stable for $5 at a garage sale this summer. I had looked on line for them and they wanted $35 to $50 and that didn't include shipping.
Mary said that Jesus loves horses too. So she put her little horse in the scene, eating hay out of a manger.
Our new ornament for Mary this year was a reindeer baking cookies. Mary really wants to bake cookies, so I thought the ornament was appropriate for this year.
A close up.
The tree in all of its glory. Mary and I just to lay at the base and look up at all the lights and ornaments.
Mary admiring our German candle set that was given to her by a dear family member.
Finally I put up a nativity set in front of the fish tank. I thought well they are Angel Fish after all :)
Christmas Blessings,
Elena
3 comments:
Your decorations look very nice. We have fewer decorations out this year than in past years. We have some new decorations too. New this year are battery-operated flickering candles in each window. We put a lighted wreath in our bedroom window. Looking around I think that is all that is new. I think that nativity set has a good place in front of the fish tank.
That was a terrific deal for $5!!! Mary's horse looks very much at home in the manger, I think Mary had the right idea! And her new ornament is very cute, it reminds me to start thinking about all the baking I'll be doing in the next couple of weeks.:)
Sweet blessings!
How exciting. Don't you just love decorating now that the kiddos can enjoy it. I love the snowmen on the front porch so cute. I am hoping to get some of our decoration photos up this week, if I don't my camera is going to explode!
Have a great day!
Post a Comment