Monday, March 7, 2011

We got a New Couch! ( and then some)

We had been talking about getting a couch for several weeks.  Mary likes to sit with us while we are watching a movie and has grown to the size where there is no room for her and one of us in our recliner.  So, we wanted a couch so we could cuddle up on, eat popcorn and watch a movie.  I got to looking on Craig's list for one.  Friday afternoon I vacuumed the living room and decided to move the furniture around so a couch would fit.  Then, I went on line and came across this one couch that looked pretty good, the price was great (only $150) and the best thing was that the guy said he would deliver.  Hot dog!!  (that was the selling point:)  Rich got off work early and we all went over and saw it and it was clean and comfy and matched our living room.  So, we had the guy bring it on over.  Some little person was very excited!!  As you can see she is enjoying it very much.
















I made Mary a fancy skirt from a curtain valance.

   I got the valance from a garage sale for 25 cents and I added lace trim and a bow.


She wore it to her ballet class for the first time on Saturday.




She also has reached the weight and size to use a booster seat in the car.  So, our little girl has graduated out of her toddler car seat.  She was very excited about that too.  We were so glad as it is so much easier to get her in the car now and get her buckled up.  At dance class her little friend had a yellow umbrella and Mary fell in love with it.  This week has been very rainy, so when we took her to the store to let her have her first ride in her new booster seat, she saw the same umbrella at the grocery store.  So, I bought it for her.  It was her first umbrella too.  When we got home she wanted to watch Mary Poppins.  She loves to see Mary Poppins float down with the umbrella.  Needless to say we had a very full and fun weekend. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new couch looks very nice and comfortable. $150 sounds like a very good deal. Nice job on Mary's skirt!

Sue said...

It does look very comfortable,and so pretty, I like the fact that you cleaned and made room for the couch, before you found it. That my friend is Faith in action. WOW!! So awesome!. God had the couch all picked out for you all, and He had it delivered to your home! Our God is so great!

Elena, I so admire your gift to create with your hands, you and Mary are going to have lots and lots of fun, as you teach her. One of these days I will come here and you will be showing a skirt that she has made. She really is growing up!
As always I leave so inspired, and I am so thankful for you and your dear sweet family. With all that is going on in this world, I come here and just get so uplifted.
Hugs,
Sue

Linda said...

I love your new couch!! What a great deal- AND with delivery- can't beat that!:)

Oh, Elena- Mary is getting so big- I can't believe it. These pictures are so sweet. Her new skirt that you made is just precious.
Mary is a pretty little ballerina.:)

Hugs to you both!
Love,Linda

Carlene said...

This is beautiful, Elena. I'm sure your story will be a blessing and encouragement to many. Use lots of pictures of you and hubby as well.

I am doing my life for my grand kids and great grand kids. Different venue though. I had always wished I had known what my grandma would have been like through her life.

JD/ Jill said...

Your couch definitely looks comfortable and a great one to curl up on together to watch your favorite movies, etc. Great find! Doesn't it always feel good to get something new? (well, it really does look brand new!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Goodness, it looks like you have really gotten some great bargains and put them to good use. The skirt is so cute--I'd never have thought to make a valance into a skirt am so impressed!

Hope you are having a good week :-)

Hugs from Heidi

Miller Racing Family said...

What a great deal on the couch!
I love the skirt. Since I am new to the sewing world, I am always amazed at what you can create out of everyday items.
We felt the same way when Trey moved to the booster seat. I loved getting rid of that big car seat!
Blessings!