Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kiss Me Chicken

My husband fixed me the most awesome meal today. He thought this recipe up this week and wanted to try it out today. If you like Mexican food and Mole' is one of your favorites you will love this dish. It is very mild but rich with flavor. I am a wimp when it comes to spicy stuff and I loved this dish. Here's a picture and then I have included the recipe so you can try it out if you like!



-Kiss Me Chicken-


1 can (15 oz) Pork and Beans

1 can (15 oz) Crushed Tomatoes

1/2 can (sm can) Tomato Paste

3 regular Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

1/4 cup Dark Chili Powder

1/4 cup Progesso Bread Crumbs

1 Tbsp anchovy paste (or smashed whole ones)

4 - 8 boneless chicken thighs or breasts



Brown chicken in frying pan with 2 Tbsp oil for 2 minutes each side. Place chicken evenly spaced in baking dish (skin down if using boneless thighs). Remove excess oil from frying pan and add Pork & Beans to frying pan, mash beans with a fork or potato masher until smooth. Add Tomatoes, Tomato Paste, Peanut Butter Cups (diced), chili powder, bread crumbs and anchovy. Heat on medium until hot (stir often). Pour over chicken and bake uncovered at 325 degrees. Convection oven for 30 - 35 minutes or 35 -45 minutes in a regular oven. If it has a nice crust on top, it is ready. Serve with rice and beans or mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. Lift the pieces of chicken out with a spatula disturbing the crust as little as possible. Use left over sauce in dish over potatoes or beans. After the meal serve the extra peanut butter cup to your favorite person. You are sure to get a kiss!

Yes, he got a kiss from me!

7 comments:

Becky K. said...

Awww...that is so sweet!

I never saw the peanut butter cups coming. Surprise ingredient.

Anonymous said...

Nice meal Rich! I like the addition of the peanut butter cups.

Sue said...

Like the recipe title, and yes he did deserve a kiss. I always enjoy a meal prepared by my love, it always makes me feel so special.
Hugs,
Sue

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh my, oh my.
This does look fabulous! I love the peanut butter cups. Can't wait to try this.
Have a great day!

JD/ Jill said...

Sounds good, I'm sure my husband would love it. I can't eat anything with tomatoes though, I'm highly alleric! But I love them! Now the peanut butter cups...they are my most very favorite food ever! My husband is the cook in my house. He does a very good job.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing on FOODIE FRIENDS FRIDAY LINKY PARTY!

Unknown said...

This looks delicious. Although I would have to leave the peanut butter cups out or do more then give my husband a kiss... It would be the mouth to mouth resuscitation for him. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com