Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer is Here!!

Well Summer has arrived.  Mary was so thrilled to put on her swim suit and play in the sprinkler today.  It was one of those perfect days, deep blue skies, no clouds, warm sun and a nice breeze.



We had corn dogs for lunch outside!


Mary played in her sandbox under our grapevine.


I watered my flowers and gardened...


...and I picked strawberries from our patch.  I am washing them, cutting the stems off and freezing them whole on a cookie sheet.  After they are frozen I am putting them into plastic bags.  I am going to make a big batch of strawberry jam with all the ones I pick and freeze over the season.

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

What a lovely day you had! Your flowers look great!!

Oh, and to have your very own strawberry patch....delightful.

Sue said...

It truly is a beautiful Summer day Elena. Mary looks adorable in her swimsuit, and your flowers are beautiful.Enjoy.
Sue

Anonymous said...

You had a wonderful summer day. I love strawberry jam!

Leah said...

Your daughter is adorable! The flowers are beautiful. Do you think you could come and plant some for me? :) Great pictures!

Miller Racing Family said...

Don't you just love summer! Just to get to go out and play in the yard, no rules for lunch and then to get strawberries like that, just fabulous.
Keep enjoying the lazy days of summer!

Linda C said...

Yay for Summer!! Mary is having wonderful backyard fun!

And your strawberries are gorgeous!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Linda