Friday, June 24, 2011

Sweet Little One You are Real!

Today marks a very special day in my life. Five years ago today, I first felt Mary move inside me. The positive pregnancy test was wonderful but it just didn't seem real until I heard her beautiful little heartbeat at the doctor's office, so quick and endearing.  It was so precious to me also because our first little one never had a heart beat and that is why we lost him.  The most profound was this day when I felt her little movements tap the inside of my womb.  She was speaking to my heart and saying, "I'm here, I'm here!"  Now she is my sweet little preschooler coming home from her first week of Vacation Bible School and loving it.  Singing all the songs she learned  that day.  Saying, "When I am afraid, I will trust in you Lord!"  How could it get better?  But, I know it will as she grows and learns many more wonderful things, becoming the young lady that God has intended her to be.  I was just looking at her new born picture and then the one I took today and realized how quickly the time has gone!


8 comments:

Carol said...

She is growing up so fast! She is so precious, you are blessed.

Smiles,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Blessing to your little family!

Becky K. said...

It does fly....time with our babies. But the tradeoff is time with a friend. That is who our children become. Great friends.

Of course we are still the parents and all of that but the best reward of parenting is time sharing our hearts with our children. On things of life, spiritual matters, friends and just regular stuff. It makes one's heart full.

Your Mary is just the cutest little girl....ever! I'm glad she is so loved and appreciated.

JD/ Jill said...

Oh, how sweet, Mary is a beautiful girl, and what a sweet baby picture.

BECKY said...

Awww...too sweet for words, Elena. My greatest joy recently has been our 22 year old rediscovering her love for her Savior, and hearing her all through the house singing praise songs!! There are no words to express the joy that floods my soul!

Sharing in your JOY, sweet friend.
Truly a blessing from an amazing God!
Love you,
Becky

Miller Racing Family said...

What a precious post. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. I just found a photo of Lila when she was in the hospital and it is hard to believe that was a year ago. As always I love Miss. Mary's smile!
Blessings!

Sue said...

Beautiful Simply beautiful Elena, Mary is really growing up, and I want to thank you and Rich for sharing your beautiful life and Mary with me. It has been such a joy and pleasure watching you both love and take care of her. She is truly a joy and delight. God is so gracious to His children. May the Lord continue to shine His love and grace on your family.
Hugs,
Sue

Leah said...

Love your post. God has blessed you with a beautiful little girl! You can tell that she is adored by you and your husband. So sweet. :)