Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peaches, Peaches, Sweet Peaches

Mary and I went peach picking on Thursday morning.  We went to a beautiful family owned orchard out in the country.  We picked the Clear Haven variety and they were so sweet and yummy!  The trees were loaded.  The Mary and her sweet little friend had so much fun helping us pick the peaches.  Now we have two lovely boxes of peaches sitting on our kitchen table.  They smell so good.  We are going to make some peach jam and then freeze the rest to make cobblers with them later.








Now that is a happy face! lol

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

My mouth is watering. Yummy looking peaches! I love them too. And the pictures of the girls making memories are so sweet. Hopefully they love picking peaches each and every year because this was so tasty and fun.

JD/ Jill said...

Now you are making me hungry for peach pie. smile...One of my favorite pies. We used to have a peach tree in our backyard, and I made good use of it, with making pies and canning and freezing peaches...but sadly, the tree is gone. Hope you have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

The peaches look very good! I picked a couple pears (Bob says they are winter pears) from our neighbor's tree. They are sitting on the kitchen counter. Bob says they will be ripe in a couple days.

Kathi said...

What a fun thing to do. The peaches are beautiful. The girls look like they are having a great time. Kathi

Miller Racing Family said...

That looks like a blast. Those peaches do look very yummy. I love the photo of the two girls and of course Mary's photo at the end is a scream.
Blessings!

Sue said...

A happy face indeed, and a very happy little girl. I can't tell you enough of how blessed I am seeing how you and Rich teach Mary of the true values in life.

I know there are so many things in our world today that must break our Heavenly Father's heart, but I truly believe when looks upon your home, it brings Him much joy and a smile to His face. I always leave here blessed beyond words.
Sue