Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Sweets

My Christmas cactus is in full bloom!  I caught a shot of it as the afternoon sun was hitting it.

The paper white bulbs I planted are blooming.  They are special to me at Christmas time because the morning I got up on our wedding day.  I looked in my flower bed on my way out to the car and there was a paper white narcissus blooming.  I picked it and attached a love note to it and placed it in the men's dressing area and Rich got it when he arrived at the church to get ready for our big day.


Mary and I made snowflake cookies a couple of days ago.



Mackie is such a funny little guy!  He wanted to try some of those cookies.

Yesterday Mary and I made a gingerbread house.  We had so much fun eating the icing that fell and the extra gum drops.


I just love these last few days before Christmas!

4 comments:

Carol said...

You and Mary did an amazing job creating the gingerbread house! I want to make one with the grand kids when they're older.

Merry Christmas,
Carol

Sue said...

Now that is one impressive Gingerbread house, Elena, you and Mary did a great job, daughter Susan and I are going to do ours today. Your Christmas cactus is beautiful and the story of you putting the blooms in Rich's dressing room is precious.
I read your last post on perspective on santa and was so blessed by it, Marys Christmas photos are beautiful. I know seeing her growing into such a beautiful young lady is so rewarding to you and Rich, you are seeing the fruits of your labor of love. It is a blessing for me too, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. I always leave so encouraged.

Wishing you and your dear family a most blessed and joyous Christmas.
Love,
Sue

Miller Racing Family said...

Your flowers are so pretty. Wow and that gingerbread house is amazing, great job. I totally agree the days leading up to Christmas are a blast. This year I have vowed to relax and enjoy this time. Thank goodness everything is done, except the fun, lol. Have a great day.

Leah said...

The flowers are beautiful!

The cookies and gingerbread house look really nice!

Your dog is soooo cute! :)

Merry Christmas!