Monday, December 12, 2011

Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer

Mary has really liked the story of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer this year.  I have a VHS tape of the old show that was made back in the Sixties with Burl Ives as the Snowman.  That was one of my favorite Christmas TV specials as a child.  She just loved it when I showed it to her and she has watched it a lot.  Last week we did a little craft project making a Rudolf refrigerator magnet.  I got the idea from Lois' blog "Walking on Sunshine".  Mary also did a pencil drawing of Rudolf pulling Santa's sleigh.  I didn't help her.  She just wanted a pencil and paper and sat at the table and worked away.  I was pretty impressed on her detail for just turning 5!  She also loves to sing the song.  So, I recorded her the other night and posted it at the end.  As I have said before, she is quite the ham  :)


Here is the link to the video:  http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=fe5461350ffa011ddf94d2&skin_id=1604&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patches (my Calico cat) came over to see who was singing. You should have seen her ... eyes wide and ears alert ... so funny! Mary did a great job drawing!