Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Salt Dough

Mary and I did a fun project for a Father's Day gift for my father-in-law.  We got the recipe for salt dough off the Internet.  Here is the link to the web page we got the recipe from: http://www.theimaginationtree.com/2011/06/salt-dough-footprint-keepsakes.html

Here is a cute picture from that web page showing how to make the dough.


We baked it in the oven for several hours and then after it cooled I spray painted it with a copper spray paint.  Then we bought a wooden stand for it to go on.  Here is Mary showing her grandpa that the print is her hand print.

This is what it looked like when we finished it.

I thought it was such a great keepsake of a child's hand print and so easy to do!

Salt dough recipe:
1 cup salt
1 cup plain flour
Up to half a cup of water
 
Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 3 hours or until dry

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Oh what a great idea...Mary you did a wonderful job! Elena, Oh how I wish I lived closer so I could come and craft with you and Mary...or you could come and craft with me...smile...It looks like so much fun.

Miller Racing Family said...

Fabulous idea. I love that you spray painted it gold, it added a nice touch.
Have a great day!

BECKY said...

Such a sweet and simple idea, Elena!! Nothing quite like the gifts little ones help create, is there?

Hugs to you, sweetie!
Hope you have a joyful weekend!
Becky

Lois Christensen said...

What a GREAT idea! Enjoy your weekend.

Sue said...

What a wonderful keepsake treasure for Rich!
I really miss visiting you and your beautiful family when I am off line, but i think of you so often! Your previous post of Daddy just brought such tears and joy to my heart! And the wonderful Father's video as well blessed me so much!What a joy to watch as Mary has grown so much, and to see so much love and joy in your home! You and family are so precious to me, thank you for sharing your life, I always leave so blessed! You and Rich truly have a beautiful love story!
Hugs,
Sue