Are you a Mole' lover? Then you will love this recipe!
Mexican Lasagne
4 chicken thighs boiled for 30 minutes, boned and diced small or equivalent of any cooked chicken meat
1 regular can of black olives chopped
1 white onion chopped
16 small white corn tortillas
1 16 oz tub of small curd cottage cheese
1 Jar Donia Maria Mole'
4 cups chicken broth (from boiled chicken thighs or canned)
Sour Cream
Place tortillas in shallow pan & cover with water and soak for at least an hour. Mix the chicken broth with the Mole and whisk. Simmer Mole' on low heat for 4 minutes stirring constantly, remove from heat and set aside. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish. Layer ingredients. Start with 4 tortillas on the bottom then some Mole then chicken meat, onion, olives, cottage cheese and Mexican cheese last. Make 4 layers, pressing each layer to remove any excess air. Finish the top layer with Mole, chicken, olives, onions and Mexican cheese. Cover with foil (poke a few holes for steam) and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover for the last 10 minutes. When done let it rest for 10 minutes. Serve with Mole' spooned over the top and a dollop of sour cream. Beware do not eat this with white clothing :)
For more yummy recipes you can go to Walking on Sunshine blog here.
4 comments:
Your picture looks really appetizing, Elena. I've only had mole once, about 20 years ago when I tried to make it. As I recall I did not have success ;) But I have never seen the sauce in jars before -- maybe that's a good place to start if I want to give it another go. Thanks for the idea.
This looks delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends friday. Remember to come back to vote on Sunday. I am going to highlight this recipe on my Facebook page.
http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com
This sound very interesting. I have never heard of Donia Maria Mole'. I will have to see if we have it at our Walmart.
Hope you have a great weekend!
I have heard of Mole, but have never tried it! Your recipe looks delicious! So happy you joined us today! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!
Post a Comment