Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pumpkin Magic

Mary's pumpkin has turned orange.  It did not get as big as we thought it was going to get because at first it was growing about a inch every day.  It got to this size in just 3 weeks, then it slowed down and started turning orange.  It still is a very nice pumpkin and we are pleased and you can tell by Mary's smile up in the right hand corner of this picture that she is thrilled.
 
 
A big smile minus one tooth and another one loose :)
 

Mr. Owl is watching over her new one that we just noticed.
 


 
It was under some giant leaves and is gaining size quickly. So hopefully Mary will have 2 pumpkins for the front porch this year!

5 comments:

April said...

How magical! My boys have been dreaming of a garden for years. Hopefully they'll get to watch their own veggies grow soon! Congrats on your perfect pumpkins :)

JD/ Jill said...

As April, said in a post before mine...It does look like a perfect pumpkin! Great work, Mary!

Miller Racing Family said...

How exciting. I love Mary's big smile. Can't wait to see it on the front porch!

Chenille Cottage said...

Such a sweet little toothless grin...and, what a gorgeous pumpkin!
Blessings and smiles,
Carolynn

Lois Christensen said...

I love her pumpkin! And the new little one! We have 5 pumpkins from our 2 plants, which I think is great. Hubby was going to cut two that are really orange but it's been raining all day today, so I told him to please wait till tomorrow. I posted a photo of one of them today on my blog. Can't wait to see how big Mary's other pumpkin gets! Enjoy!