Saturday, September 8, 2012

School Bells Are Ringing!

I started homeschooling Mary this Tuesday. She is starting Kindergarten and is so excited about her school room at the house and getting 2 hours of my undivided attention.  I have been quite busy with our ceramic business details and she has been very sweet about entertaining herself.  It all worked out for the best because she is having so much fun doing school.  She looks so small here with her new workbook but she is getting to be such a big girl!


While we have been hitting the books, daddy has been pumping out some new lamp designs and a new design for a funeral urn.  Here it is before it was given the bisque firing.

 
He loaded up the kiln ...
 
 
... with 11 lamp bases and 1 funeral urn.
 
 
This is the urn after the firing.  The colors really popped.  I know I am prejustice but I think my husband's work is so lovely!  When he gets the diamond glaze on it, the colors will look even richer.  Also there is space on the urn design to engrave the person's name and dates or a special quote or short poem or scripture.  He also has designed a lid that is so elegant.  He is in the process of making a mold for it.
 

3 comments:

April said...

Good luck with homeschooling! I love Elena's braids :)

Miller Racing Family said...

It does sound like you are very busy. I do agree the colors are beautiful in his work. Have a great school year!

April said...

I am such a goofball, YOU are Elena, I love MARY's braids. I really do know the difference, I promise...