I am participating in Share Your Cup Thursday. One of the things that makes me happy and fills my cup is my husband and daughter and creating things . So in honor of my husband's birthday, I share this post:
Today was my husband's birthday. His mama labored for him on this day many years ago (but not too many) lol. This was taken a few years ago when he made this fake cake for a Bah Mitzvah. It just seemed like a great picture to post of him. He has so much fun creating things.
He loves being with our daughter out in the shop and showing her how we make the ceramics.
He was puttering out in the shop this morning tweaking the design he is working on for a funeral urn even though it was his birthday. It is his job but he loves it so.
Mary and I made him chocolate cherry whoopie pies. We got the recipe from this wonderful blog and you can get the recipe if you click on this link here.
This picture is a blurry but I love it any way. Mary loved tasting each stage of the cookie making. She asked me why shortening was called that and I was busy and didn't answer her right away. She then said, "Is it called shortening because it will make me smaller?" I said laughing, well sweetheart I am sure a lot of people would be thrilled if desserts with shortening made you smaller!
These are the whoopie pies and they were delicious. My husband wanted these instead of cake. So we put candles in them and Mary had so much fun helping daddy blow them out!
The sun rose so beautifully this morning to greet us. Mr. Owl is basking in the light on our back porch.
I made this jewel up for breakfast. It is the pinterest sweet roll ring recipe with some cherry pie filling in the bottom of the pan. I had some left over from the woopie pie recipe. It turned out so good and Rich loved it because he loves cherries!
We had such a wonderful morning and day celebrating my sweet husband. I love you Baby!


5 comments:
It sounds like your husband had a great birthday, and helper all day....Too cute! I'm glad you liked the Whoopie Pies. I can't wait to tell my daughter.....Thank you so much for sharing and contacting me with your success story. Keep on blogging....
What a great birthday celebration. I do love the first photo. I agree it does capture his fun personality. Have a great day!
Happy "belated" birthday to Rich. Looks like he had a very special day. I have to tell you that your blog post made me very hungry today...LOL. Everything looks so good...TFS...Blessings, Jill
Sounds like your hubby had a great birthday! Love that cake he made! Great job!
Elena, I love that picture of your hubby. You can just see what a fun person he is. And that cake, WOW! Your daughter is too cute. Oh baby, if that was the case I'd be eating shortening by the spoonfuls. The whoopie pies look yummy. Our family are not big cake lovers and would like something like that much more than cake. Thanks for sharing the love you have for your hubby with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann
Post a Comment