Monday, September 17, 2012

Farmers Market

This weekend was our first time selling at our local grower's and crafter's market.  We just loved it.  Here is our table display.  We have a lot more plans to dress up our booth next week.  We got up bright and early to get loaded up and down there by 7:30 am.



Mary was our bright and happy morning bird.  She was jumping up and down and clapping her hands as Rich was setting up the canopy.  She kept saying, "Daddy is going to be selling his beautiful lamps!"  She is quite the people person and had so much fun saying hi to everyone and giving them our business card.  She adds so much brightness to everything she does :)
 
 

 
Rich is kicking back in the afternoon.  He is wearing our new t-shirt.  It got pretty warm in the afternoon.  I took Mary to ballet class and Rich's folks came down to help Rich while we were gone.
 

There was some really lovely produce at the market.  We enjoyed this wonderful tomato.  It is orange and fully ripe.  I made a BLT with it.




We also got some sunflower sprouts.  They were so delicious.  Mary loved just eating them plain.  They were a great addition to the sandwich.


 
The farmers market was so great.  The people were so friendly and they had yummy food.  We had chicken tamales with fresh sour cream and salsa.  There was great live music and a wonderful breeze blowing.  It was just a beautiful fall day.  The season for the market is almost over.  This one is just starting up and next year it will be a lot bigger in a new location.  So because we started here we will get to have first choice at the new market.  So we are excited about that.
 
 
Here are few new designs that Rich finished this week. He still needs to fire the tops and bottoms and wire them.  We hope to have them for sale soon.  A lot of people have commented on facebook that they like the blue bird.  Which one is your favorite?
 
 

4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I hope you have tons of success with the farmer's market! Sounds like a fun and delicious day! I do enjoy that bluebird one also! Your peach desserts look so delicious!!! Hope you enjoyed a nice Monday!

JD/ Jill said...

Your display looks lovley! I think the bluebird is my favorite too.

Chenille Cottage said...

Hello sweet Elena,
Oh...How very beautiful your lamps are...and, your husband is very talented. His workmanship is perfection!
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog this morning. It just made my day!
Blessings and friendship,
Carolynn xo

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Elena, I love visiting our farmer's market. Everything looks so fresh it is hard to choose -- I want it all. Your husband's lamps are lovely. I vote for the blue pansies design. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my hot air balloon post and doll boutique.

Debra