Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Mary!

My dear Mary Girl,
 
You are 6 years old today! You are growing into such an amazing young lady. You are 47 pounds and 47 1/2 inches tall and packed full of energy and have such zest and enthusiasm for life. You are a people person and love to talk to people you don’t know. You love little babies and are always telling me how they are so cute and so precious. When we baby sit little babies you love to give them toys and touch them gently on their cheeks or pat their little heads. You are a very determined which keeps me on my toes to guide you in the way you need to go to be a disciplined and responsible adult. You love God and have asked people if they are Christians too. You have started kindergarten and I so enjoy being your teacher. You look forward to our time together as you learn to read, write and do your math. I am amazed how quickly your mind soaks up knowledge and then is able to apply it. You are still in the “how come” and “why” stage. So very curious about your expanding world outside the walls of our home. You love to dance and have your ballet class. Often you will break into a spontaneous dance, making up your own choreography. Along with making up dances you love to make up stories and tell them to me or your dad. You love art and your favorite is still painting. Our dog, Mackie, is your little companion and you have learned how to be kind and treat a dog and how to be responsible for him. You have grown so much this year and it has been so exciting to see you grow and change. You have lost your two top front teeth and one on the bottom. I am so thankful that you have been such a healthy and strong little girl. My heart is very thankful for that. You help me in so many ways by helping clear the table after dinner, putting your toys away, and getting things for me or throwing things away when I am busy or too tired sometimes to get up. You are a big help to me and your dad. You love to help daddy in the ceramic shop and see him work and create such beautiful things. You are always encouraging and tell your dad how you think his lamps are so beautiful and how he has done such a great job. I know you are going to grow up to be a young lady that I am so proud of. I am so thankful that God gave you to us. What a great gift you are to your dad and I in our later years. Thank you for all the sweet hugs and kisses and I love you’s. Happy Birthday Mary, we love you so very much!  Mama and Daddy
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Elena, what a lovely letter to Mary. This documents so much about her everyday life -- years from now her children will treasure this piece of family history.

Happy Birthday to sweet Mary!

Debra

Carol said...

Happy Birthday to Mary! : )

Smiles,
Carol

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow what a precioius letter. I think you did a fabulous job summing up your wonderful little lady. I hope you all had a great birthday celebration. I love the cake. Happy Birthday Mary!

JD/ Jill said...

I Know I'm late wishing Mary a Happy Birthday...but I didn't want to completely miss sending her special wishes for her birthday. Your letter to her is beautiful. I wrote a letter to my daughter when she was a week old, and still have it. The older she gets the more precious it is to me (and she still has it in her baby book) Hope Mary had a special day, and tell her I said her cake is really cute.