Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Peace of Earth

From the dust of the earth we came and to the dust we return resonates in my mind today as Rich has finished our first funeral urn and put text on it as an example.  I was also reflecting on our name, Peace of Earth.  When we thought of the name we were not thinking of making funeral urns but it fits so well as a person's ashes are a piece of earth.  We have e-mailed two funeral homes with the pictures of our urn at their request and we are waiting to talk to two more.  We feel that this will be a more steady source of income for us as it is a needed item where the lamps are an optional decorative item.  So we are doing the waiting game to see what the local funeral homes will say.  Here are a few pictures.  The first two of our complete example, the next one of an unfired single rose design and the last is one of the pewter knobs that can be attached to the lid in place of the ceramic knob.  Which do you like better, the lilies or the rose?
    



4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I think they're both beautiful. I have never seen urns this pretty before. But then again, I haven't really looked! All I know is what I see on TV. But these look so beautiful. Almost as if they're decorative pieces that would fit in someone's home so much nicer than traditional urns. Hope it works out with the funeral homes!

Miller Racing Family said...

Wow how beautiful. I love how they are not your traditional urns. I think they represent the beauty of life more. I like the first one the best. Keep up the great work.

Chenille Cottage said...

Such a beautiful work of art. What a lovely commemorative piece...Perfect for a grieving family.
So thoughtfully presented...
Blessings,
Carolynn

JD/ Jill said...

Both are beautiful! On a personal note. We lost my Step-Mother a year ago (a year after I lost my Mother). We had an urn for my Step-Mother, I don't even remember anymore what it looked like. I'm sure I would have remembered if it would have been one as meaningful as yours are. Blessings, Jill