This is a post to remind me of my sweet Mary at six. She is such a little mother hen. It started when she was five, telling me how she wanted to meet a godly man and get married and have a baby boy. Then a few months later it changed to having 8 children. She loves going with me on Thursday mornings to babysit for a Women's Bible Study. Most of the children are a lot younger than her and she loves it, bringing them toys and kissing them on the head and calling them the little darlings. Well today we went to the library and a little boy was sitting on the floor making a lot of noise. She turned to me and said, "He needs to be quiet." I said his mom will take care of that. Then my eyes landed on 3 book carts in the lobby that had videos and books for sale really cheap. The friends of the library were having a sale. So we were looking over them and Mary kept looking at the little boy and shooshing him quietly with her finger over her lips. Then the mom told the boy and his brother to walk out to the lobby, they did all but walk...running, jostling and making noise. The mom went out to the lobby and told them to try that again only walking. They did a little bit better but not much. I could hear the frustration in the mother's voice as she was trying to get her boys in control. To say the least it was not going well. Mary then sidled up to me and whispered in my ear, "I am going out there to help that mom out." I quickly said, "Oh no you are not. That is for their mom to handle and it is not our business." She then hugged me and said she loved me. We got busy with checking out books and buying our movies that I forgot about that little episode until Rich got home and she was in bed. The thought of it just made me laugh. She is such a little mother hen. I think she is going to make a great mom and who knows, after she gets married to that godly man maybe God will give her eight children...
6 comments:
Elena, that is so cute.
Elena, this is such a cute story. I'm sure Mary's babysitting services will be in high demand in just a couple of years as Mothers look for someone responsible who can take charge of their children for a few hours.
Have a good weekend.
Debra
OH! my what a treat for me to visit tonight, Elena, I am on a blogging break but just had to come by and say hi!
This is just the cutest story, I can just see sweet Mary shhhing the little boy! and you are so right she is going to be a wonderful wife and mother, after all, she has a great teacher in her mother!! And she will know exactly how to find the right husband that God has chosen for her, as Rich is a great example as a husband and father.
I know I have told you before, you and Rich continue to inspire and bless me,as does sweet Mary.
Much love to all,
Sue
How precious. I'm so glad you wrote it down. We think we will remember all of these things... but life just keeps giving us new things to remember.
Dearest Elena,
How I love hearing about your precious Mary. She is a treasure and such a sweet gift from God.
She will be a good Mommy and one reason is that she has a good Mommy!
Have a blest week, my darling friend.
Carolynn
Thank you for your thoughtful comments about my cottage guest room. I planned every little detail of that room for when my Mother was able to visit. She spent a portion of her childhood in an orphanage and never had anything sweet and feminine to call her own. I dedicated it to her.
How cute. I love that she wanted to help the other mom. Maybe she will have 8 boys, lol.
Post a Comment