First the curtains ... I did a little face lift to Mary's room. As a tiny baby, light really bothered her and she couldn't nap well when there was light in the room. So, I covered her window with tin foil on the inside. Now that she is bigger, she naps just fine with some light coming in. The curtains that were in her room were white and did not block the light at all. So, I bought her some beige curtains that are designed to block a lot of the light. Now I can pull them back during the day and let the light in so she can play in there without the over head light being turned on. She was so excited about the change. She kept running into the room and say pointing at the window and saying, See, See and Oh, Cool! I took her picture Sunday morning before we went to church, when she was playing in her room. She is wearing a little outfit that my friend, Kathey, gave her when they came to visit last month. 




Next the books ... I found a wonderful book and toy organizer for Mary. I got the information on how to order this from the website that I visit regularly called "I'm an Organizing Junkie". It is a great website for getting ideas on how to organize things around the house! Anyway Rich assembled it this weekend and I put Mary's toys in the drawers below and the books above. She loves it! She can get her books easily and put them back with a little help and instruction from Mommy:) I also went to Barnes and Noble and bought her a book on using the potty. It is the pink one in the middle shelf of her books below. I gave it to her and when it showed a little teddy bear sitting on a potty, she pointed and said for the first time "Potty!" So, I know now that she can say it. Her potty training is coming closer!

3 comments:
That was great. Thanks for sharing. Kristine
She really likes her hats doesn't she?
Enda
What a sweet room, Elena!
Post a Comment